Join our team at Connexionz!
We’re always on the look out for talented people, so get in touch if you’d like to know more about working with us, especially if you are a Software or Hardware Developer/Engineer, or Service Technician.
Field Service technicians – New Zealand and USA
Christchurch, New Zealand, Modesto, CA and Valencia, CA
If you are an enthusiastic and experienced Service Technician who enjoys rolling your sleeves up to install and repair equipment on public transport systems, then a role with Connexionz is the ideal next step in your career. We have three of these roles available – one in Christchurch, New Zealand, one in Modesto, CA and one in Valencia, CA.
These roles are for customer-focused technicians with superior problem-solving skills and the following qualifications/ experience:
- 2+ years’ installation and maintenance experience
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent (NZ NCEA level 3). Preferred post-high school qualification e.g. degree, diploma or post-secondary certificate in relevant field
- Experience with transport agencies, bus manufacturers or intelligent transit solutions providers preferred
- OHSA certification preferred (USA)
- Skilled with electronic and mechanical installation and repair
- Self-directed and can operate without intensive management
- An effective communicator, both in writing and verbally
- Skilled in analytical and critical thinking
- A team player who contributes and works well with others
- A resilient, hard worker who thrives on fixing critical issues
Using your skills, you will:
- Read and follow wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, or engineering instructions for assembling electronics units, applying knowledge of electronic theory and components.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring. Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Inspect, operate, or test electronic equipment to diagnose malfunctions, determining how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Adjust or replace defective or improperly functioning circuitry or electronics components.
- Adhere to high health and safety standards
Candidates for the role in Christchurch, apply now through SEEK
Candidates for the roles in California, apply now through Indeed
In partnership with Callaghan innovation, Connexionz is offering internships to students or graduates to work with us on new product development, with subsequent prospects for permanent employment. We have ongoing R&D projects such as mobile app development which will enable you to utilize your qualification and build your software career, receiving mentoring from our experienced team along the way.
If you can say yes to the following, contact us now at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- You are studying, or have recently completed, an undergraduate or postgraduate degree or qualification at NZQA level 7-10. If study has been completed, the closing date of your final semester should be less than 6 months ago.
- You have been studying science, technology, engineering, design or business at a New Zealand tertiary education institute.
- You are legally permitted to work in New Zealand.